Security is a constant concern for all global corporations, medium-sized businesses, health facilities, campuses and government agencies.
Many organizations look for secure card issuance technology for the most secure access and the most secure identification credentials, but selecting a provider can be an overwhelming task.
The issuance of secure cards is the creation and distribution of secure and fake-resistant identity credentials to known and examined persons, such as photo identification cards, cards or key chains, and multifunctional smart cards.
When choosing a provider, these are the key considerations that organizations should consider:
Modular and scalable solutions.
With modular solutions, functions can be easily added to allow technology migration or program expansion.
An ideal provider will offer a broad portfolio of fully modular solutions, upgradable in the field, that can support the customization of new cards and solve security problems as your needs change over time.
The use of an open and adaptable platform provides a solid basis for adding new technologies and capabilities as needed, allowing your organization to invest with confidence, reduce your total cost of ownership and at the same time protect your initial investment in the next years.
Flexible interoperability solution.
The ideal secure card issuance solutions are not only scalable, but also interoperable with current and future systems. Search for:
- Full service providers. Those that only focus on independent credential printing products limit their ability to incorporate and maximize the newly available complementary technologies. Whether your organization someday seeks to migrate simple identification credentials to multifunctional technology cards or increase security through a physical access control system (PACS), carefully consider providers that offer a full spectrum of secure identity solutions and interoperable
- Products designed with compatibility specifically in mind. Those who do not have this forecast may not always work as expected, which could open gaps or expose weaknesses in their security infrastructure. By selecting a provider that understands the importance of interoperability, you ensure that your previous investments remain relevant and you will have the peace of mind that as you incorporate additional technologies into your infrastructure, you will work together harmoniously to improve the safety of your company. reduce the risk
Suppliers with certified quality and a solid network of partners and alliances.
The best suppliers in its class:
- Operate outside ISO 9001-2008 certified facilities. An ISO 9001-2008 record certifies that the supplier's quality system that governs the design, manufacture, sales and distribution of its products has been verified by third-party audits.
- Excel abroad. If you are considering a global supplier, you will also want to make sure that your design, manufacturing, distribution and service processes also meet strict international standards.
- Support your solutions and offer full warranties of several years on their printers and lifetime warranties on related critical accessories, such as printheads.
Secure card technology has evolved by leaps and bounds in recent decades, and knowing where to start with implementation can be overwhelming.
From HID Global executive Summary It describes the key issues that should be taken into account when selecting an identification card printing solution provider.